You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘recipe for flourless cake’ tag.
Anything that’s concerning chocolate, bigger is better. This is a naturally gluten-free recipe, one that is tender and light, just like eating a chocolate flavored cloud, almost.
Gluten-free baking can seem frustrating and sometimes downright disappointing to us for those who want to experiment or need to make gluten-free treats. This recipe and many like it, is one recipe that has no gluten counterpart. It’s across the board favorite in restaurants and cafes just about anywhere, but it is rather easy to make this at home.
To take this tart one step further, you can add a chocolate glaze over the top and even sprinkle some toasted almonds as well. I would replace the vanilla in this recipe and put in some almond flavoring to carry the visual appeal to the taste of this tart. Is this then called a torte? Maybe, but it will still be delicious.
Flourless Chocolate Tart Recipe
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup granular sugar
10 Tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
12 ounces quality bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
6 large eggs, separated
1 ½ Tablespoons coffee extract
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Prepare a 10”x2” cake pan by coating the bottom and sides with butter and lining the bottom with parchment.
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over gently simmering water. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a bit.
2. Whip sugars and butter together until pale and fluffy 3-5 minutes.
3. While whipping, add one egg yolk at a time and incorporate thoroughly.
4. Beat in melted chocolate just to combine.
5. Add coffee and vanilla extracts and sea salt, set aside.
6. In a clean mixing bowl, whip the egg white just to soft peaks.
7. Fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate batter.
8. Repeat with the remaining whites.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. The tart will be dome when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top springs back when pressed.
Cool tart for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow tart to come to room temperature before serving.